Wednesday, April 30, 2014

It's Just Around the Corner!

My mission is just around the corner! In seven days I will enter the MTC (Missionary Training Center) in Provo, Utah to begin my training for my mission.
Back in October of 2013 I decided to serve a mission for my church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I had never planned on serving a mission before those first couple of weeks in October when I found myself pondering what I was going to do with my life during the next few years. After talking to my family and praying about it, I felt confident that it would be a good idea for me to pursue an 18 month mission for my church.
In January 2014 I got my call to the New Hampshire Manchester Mission with my report date of May 7th, 2014. And here I am today finishing my final preparations before heading to my training to begin my mission in the New England Area!
I am very excited to serve the people of New Hampshire, Vermont, Maine, New York, and Massachusetts. I did not choose where to serve or even who I serve with, but I know that each mission and every part of the mission is inspired and beneficial to everyone involved. I am so grateful for the opportunity to serve a mission. One reason I want to serve is to invite others to come unto Christ and help people realize that they can find a lasting sense of peace and happiness in Him. I hope I can touch the hearts of the people I interact with and develop some strong friendships.
I will have my mother post my weekly updates on how I’m doing and what is going on in my mission every time I email home. If there is anything more that you’d like to know about my mission or my church, please don’t hesitate to email me or visit mormon.org to learn more.
If you would like to receive email updates from this blog every time something is posted, please comment below or email my mom who is a contributor to this page. J

My mission boundaries

No comments:

Post a Comment