Wednesday, May 14, 2014

May 14, 2014 MTC P-Day

Sister Katy Tyler
Hey! I can't believe I've already spent a week in the MTC! It feels like it was just two days ago that I got here and met my companions and district. Now I only have until Monday morning at 2:30AM to prepare more for my mission! Holy Cow :P.

The experiences have been wonderful here and I have been working hard to grow and improve at least a little bit every day. I have learned to be obedient as best as I can. I've found it important to be on time to everything and be as focused as you can. It is not easy :P. But it's rewarding :). Like it says in D&C 130:19-20 "19 And if a person gains more knowledge and intelligence in this life through his diligence and obedience than another, he will have so much the advantage in the world to come. 20 There is a law, irrevocably decreed in heaven before the foundations of this world, upon which all blessings are predicated" Which means that if we obey we will be blessed.
 
I've also found that knowing where to go and where to be all the time is so important! Learning how to follow a schedule and be ready for everything that I have to do, otherwise you get stressed from lack of preparation. Speaking of preparation, it is so important to communicate and prepare with your companion when preparing lessons for investigators. I'm currently teaching two investigators. The first is actually one of my teachers and he is like a practice investigator, his name is Alfredo. Even though he is actually our teacher who is a member and returned missionary, we still teach him as if he was an investigator. The lessons have been going well, we taught him about the Book of Mormon, repentance, prayer, and get this: we commit him to baptism! We are just preparing him now to be baptized by teaching him exactly how he can repent of things he feels guilty for and giving him all the lessons.
 
Companions Sister Tyler and Sister Banda
My second investigator is someone that works for the MTC and could be a member or he could be a real investigator, we don't know! His name is George and he is the sweetest guy. He has a prosthetic leg and likes to take walks to help relieve the pain, so for each of our lessons we spend the 45-60 min walking around the MTC campus :) It is so much fun to get to know him and we just began teaching him a bit about the plan of salvation (including Alma 40:23  "The soul shall be restored to the body, and the body to the soul; yea, and every limb and joint shall be restored to its body; yea, even a hair of the head shall not be lost; but all things shall be restored to their proper and perfect frame."). I'm very excited to get to know him more and teach him even more about what we believe.
 
Well, I will just wrap up a few thoughts here now and say it is so wonderful here in the MTC. It was also a special treat to be some of the first MTC missionaries in a really long time to be able to call home on mother's day! It was so nice to hear from my mom and the rest of my family. I love them so much, and I love everyone :).
 
Please email me or write me with any questions/thoughts you have about the MTC! The next time I email I'll be in the field (it goes so fast!) but I will do my best to explain some of the complex things the MTC doesn't tell you before you come in (but I think they should ;) ) 
 
Anyways! Talk to you all later!
~Sister Tyler 
 
Her MTC District (from left to right): Elder Detlor, Elder Giroux, Elder Baldwin,
Sister Tyler, Sister Banda, Sister Danner, Sister Boyce
 
Her MTC roommates: (from left to right): Sister Banda, Sister Tyler,
Sister Danner, Sister Boyce (all going to the same mission!)
  

No comments:

Post a Comment