Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Transferred??!! Trusting the Lord

The Sanford Ward missionaries!
I wasn't expecting it, but I got a transfer call this past weekend. I am being transferred to serve as a Sister Training Leader somewhere for my last transfer and Sister Monjar will stay and receive a follow up trainer. It is crazy, but I guess the Lord needs me somewhere for my last transfer. This past week was also crazy with a last minute service opportunity arising (that I'm sad I can't be a part of since I'm getting transferred) and an amazing weekend of conference!

While doing service at a senior center this week, we talked to the activities director there and she said if we had some interest we should get in contact with someone who works with horses a lot. I jumped on this opportunity after remembering my amazing experience at helping at UpReach Therapeutic Riding (in Bedford, NH). We called and got in contact with the woman who runs Blixx Horses and found out we could meet her and the horses the morning before General Conference on Saturday. I was so excited and it was so fun to be with the horses. I am amazed at how comfortable and confident I feel around these huge animals (verses my absolute terror around dogs). The lady we talked to was impressed with everything I told her I had learned from my last horse experience and how we can be of help to her even though we don't ride horses on our missions. It is just so fun to leave a positive influence in so many different places with all the opportunities we have.

Her last District Meeting
Then, conference was amazing as always. I took a ton of notes and I loved being able to follow the picture quotes that were being posted after every talk on lds.org. My two favorite talks would have the be President Uchtdorf's talk about trying to "simplify" things, because I love simple, basic doctrine (I just can't understand deep doctrine), and President Nelson's talk on the women in the gospel. I am so amazed at how much the Lord, and the men in the church, care about the women both of the church and of the world. This morning I asked to get a priesthood blessing from the elders because I have been feeling sick recently and wanted to get better so I could be ready for this upcoming transfer. I was so grateful the elders in my ward were ready and prepared to bless me with the priesthood they held.
I found this picture recently from
the new missionary training.
Sis. Tyler is sad to not being
able to finish up training Sis. Monjar.

I am so grateful for the worthy priesthood holders in my life and how we are all blessed by them. I know we each have our own individuals roles in God's Plan of Happiness, and I am so grateful I get to understand more each day about what my individual role is.

This gospel is so great!

Sincerely, Sister Tyler



A chalk drawing she drew about the Plan of Salvation**

**Mom note here: I looked closer at this picture and played a little “I Spy”--it was so fun to find sweet little bits of my daughter and her life as a missionary in the background: First, of course, this drawing highlights her creativity...then I noticed: a small hymnbook, a light green pencil (her favorite color), a vitamin bottle, a scripture memorization plan for September, a white rose, and a cheesecake recipe. Love this girl!!

No comments:

Post a Comment