Tuesday, October 7, 2014

General Conference: Superbowl weekend for missionaries

We found a cool lake by where we were out walking. :)
This has been an awesome week, with an even better weekend!

Something fun we got to do this week is we helped out at the mission office in forwarding all the letters to the missionaries that came to the office. It is cool to be able to send out those letters all across New England :).

This weekend was definitely the highlight of the week. We got to go to the chapel and watch all the sessions of general conference there and have lunch with all the other missionaries (and sometimes members) who went to that chapel to watch a session or two. General Conference is seriously one of the best weekends in missionary life because we get the opportunity to just soak in the spirit for 8 hours in one weekend. It is so much fun :)! It was really cool to hear that there are more than 88 thousand missionaries serving right now, and one of them is me! (haha) I am just so grateful to be serving.

I especially loved Elder Bednar's talk. It was funny how he said that we didn't receive bonus points as members or missionaries for inviting people to learn about the gospel because it is true. The reason we share the gospel with people isn't because we have to get in a certain number of hours or because we want extra points to help us get to heaven. I want to share the gospel so that everyone can experience the joy that comes from living a Christ-like life. I don't know where I would be without the gospel, and it doesn't really matter, because I know that I am blessed to have the gospel in my life since I was born and raised in such a wonderful and nurturing home. I know that I have been given the opportunity to learn these things since I was born so I could have the courage to go out and share what I know to be true even though it is really hard for me sometimes to simply open my mouth and talk.

I am so grateful that we can be baptized and have the Holy Spirit in our lives to help confirm to us that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is God's church restored again on the earth. Without this, we couldn't return to live with Him, our Heavenly Father, someday. I hope everyone will want to find this truth for themselves and once found they'll share it with as many people as they possibly can. You can experience your own joy of living the gospel, but sharing it is another joy in and of itself.

I can't wait for what this next week has in store.

Sincerely, Sister Tyler

No comments:

Post a Comment