Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Pray and Pick

This past week, Sister Upton and I decided to take a new approach to finding people. We have contacted nearly every potential investigator and former investigator we know of, so we decided to start praying and picking roads to tract. From this experience we have met so many people, and we invited 84 people this week alone to learn about the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ! That's more than I've ever done before in my mission! During this experience of tracting each day, we have one solid potential investigator.
Sister Tyler and Sister Upton

After a long day of talking to everyone we meet, we decided to start driving back home. We realized once we got in the car that we had about twenty minutes left of the day. So, we could either contact a less active member, work on some things for our records, or we could tract one more small street. We didn't know exactly what to do, so we said a quick prayer and I knew we had to tract one more street, but didn't know where. Luckily, Sister Upton knew of a small street that would take about 20min. So, we drove there and started knocking doors. We were having no luck until we got to the end of the street and met a man who said he would be interested in taking lessons that we promised would bring him closer to Jesus Christ. He also said he knew his wife would be interested! So, we will go back in a couple of weeks to see them.

I have really learned that tracting isn't as scary as I thought it was. All it is is inviting people to learn about Jesus Christ. I love getting to invite people to learn every day :).

Another small note is that we had our ward's Primary program last Sunday. It was so fun and adorable! Even more fun we got to help some of the kids memorize their parts during the practice on Saturday. It was definitely a great opportunity for us to get to know some of the kids and their parents better :). I know that Primary programs can really change lives. After all, it was a Primary program that helped me find and memorize my favorite scripture (D&C 84:45). I can't wait for the Primary program next year :D.

Sincerely, Sister Tyler

No comments:

Post a Comment