Tuesday, April 14, 2015

A hair cut and a fun companion exchange

A small lighthouse we found
in a river by where we were tracting :)
I feel like the weeks really do go by faster each day. I get worried that this may be my last week in Bedford since transfer calls are on Saturday. But who knows, maybe I'll be surprised again by staying and training. haha But besides that nervousness, it has been a great week.

Thank you Sister Merrell!
I decided earlier in the week to finally get a hair cut, so I chopped off a good amount and I feel like I've lost 3 lbs! haha Really though it is so fun to try something new and get re-energized from something so simple.

After! :)
Then I got to go on another companion exchange in Canterbury with Sister McVey. She is such an amazing missionary and we really got along well. We didn't do much besides tract during our exchange, but we had a lot of time to talk and get to know each other. I think it was fun overall because I hadn't ever tracted in a “boonie” area before--boonie is another way of saying “rural,” or describing a place with a small amount of people (like very small compared to what I'm used to in D.C. haha). Even though it was something new and I had to get out of my comfort zone in treading the muddy, unpaved roads, it was a lot of fun and made me feel like I'd be able to serve in a boonie area someday if I had to (since I've only ever served in cities [Bedford and Burlington])!

Later in the week we also found a new investigator. With the warm weather we were able to go street contacting for a bit and we found a less active member who wasn't on our records. They gave us a vague description of where they lived but because I had been around that part of town a good amount I thought I knew what they were talking about. But, just to be sure, we decided to tract the street the next day to see if we could find their exact address so we could get to know them better and bring their records into the ward. While tracting we met this one man whose name is Jordan. He said he loved to study about religions and would really like to have an "Aha Jesus" moment where he feels like he can give up his addiction to smoking. We told him that we also teach a stop smoking program and shared our testimonies of the Atonement and how we can overcome things through Christ. We hopefully will meet with him again this week and be able to get to know him and his religious beliefs a bit better.

Overall Bedford is amazing and I can't wait for another great week!

Sincerely, Sister Tyler
District Pic in van
(picture thanks to Elder Dahlberg)
Easter Dinner w/President Stoker
(picture thanks to Elder Dahlberg)





No comments:

Post a Comment